Our privacy statement for data subjects whose personal information may be collected in the European Union
A. EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”): Dalton Bioanalytics is a global brand and thus may conduct business with individuals from within the European Economic Area (“EEA”). In order to carry out business with these individuals, we may transfer personal information from individuals (“Data Subjects”) located within the EEA. Personal information that may be collected by us from a Data Subject in the EEA may include:
- Phone Number
- Email Address
Dalton Bioanalytics must potentially deal with local supervisory authorities in all EU states where we have an existing business relationship with a data subject. Additionally, information that we collect may be transferred outside of the EEA, including to countries, such as the United States, which have not been deemed as having “adequate” security measures by the European Commission. Therefore, we have executed Model Clauses between our European offices and Dalton Bioanalytics, pursuant to European Commission Decision 2010/87/EC, to facilitate the legitimate, secure transfer of personal information outside the EEA as necessary.
B. Lawful grounds to process and obtain consent: Data subjects whose personal information is collected in the EEA may withdraw consent at any time where consent is the lawful basis for processing his/her information. Should a data subject withdraw consent for processing or otherwise object to processing that impedes Dalton Bioanalytics’s ability to comply with applicable regulations, a data subject may be unable to avail him/herself of the services that Dalton Bioanalytics provides.
C. Data subjects’ rights: All individuals whose personal information is held by Dalton Bioanalytics have the right to:
- ask what information Dalton Bioanalytics holds about them and why;
- ask for a copy of such information or access to such information;
- be informed how to correct or keep that information up to date; and
- be informed on how Dalton Bioanalytics is meeting its data protection obligations.
Furthermore, for data collected in the EEA, data subjects have the right to:
- ask for a copy of such information to be sent to a third party;
- ask for data to be erased if possible and required under the GDPR;
- ask for processing of personal information to be restricted if possible and required under GDPR;
- object to the processing of personal information if possible and required under GDPR;
- object to automated decision-making where applicable; and
- contact a supervisory authority in the EEA to lodge a complaint regarding Dalton Bioanalytics’s processing of your personal information.
D. Automated decision-making: Dalton Bioanalytics does not engage in automated decision-making.
E. Non-disclosure of information: Dalton Bioanalytics does not share any personal information with any nonaffiliated third parties, except in the following circumstances:
- as necessary to provide the service that the customer has requested or authorized, or to maintain and service the customer’s account;
- as required by regulatory authorities or law enforcement officials who have jurisdiction over Dalton Bioanalytics and its affiliates or as otherwise required by any applicable law; and
- to the extent reasonably necessary to prevent fraud and unauthorized transactions.
Dalton Bioanalytics personnel are prohibited, either during or after termination of their employment, from disclosing personal information to any person or entity outside Dalton Bioanalytics, including family members, except under the circumstances described above. An employee is permitted to disclose personal information only to such other employees who need to have access to such information to deliver our services to the customer.
F. Dalton Bioanalytics contact information for persons located within the EEA: If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland and have questions or concerns regarding the processing of your personal information, you may contact us at:
926 South Mancos Place
Anaheim, CA 92806
If, as an EEA Citizen, you believe that Dalton Bioanalytics has not adequately resolved any such issues, you have the right contact the EU supervisory authority.